The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in designing, developing, and maintaining current and new capabilities to an existing large customer base. If you are passionate about creating efficient and scalable solutions, have a strong command of front-end technologies, and are eager to collaborate within a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply.
This permanent position will be performed on a remote basis with a requirement to visit the i2 Office in Cambridge, UK as and when there is a business need to do so (circa 2 days per month).
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including UI/UX designers, backend developers, and product managers, to deliver high-quality user interfaces.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and optimize solutions for maximum speed and scalability.
- Integrate front-end components seamlessly using RESTful APIs and asynchronous request handling.
- Conduct thorough testing (automated and manual) to identify, fix bugs, and performance issues.
- Mentor junior developers and promote knowledge sharing to enhance team skills and productivity.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and technologies to ensure our applications are built using the best practices.
Our Technology Stack
- Front-end State Management – Mobx
- Backend – Java REST/GraphQL Services
- CI / CD – GitHub / CircleCI
- Cloud – AWS
What we are seeking…
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Mid to senior-level commercial front-end engineering experience.
- Experience with APIs and using patterns such as REST and GraphQL.
- Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies, ensuring the delivery of high-quality software.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Desirable (but not essential)
- Experience creating accessible and globalized web applications (A11Y, I18N + L10N).
- Good understanding of backend development using Node.js.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) and containerization (e.g., Docker).
Our intelligence analysis software tools help analysts transform data in real-time enabling customers to better leverage data and to detect, disrupt and defeat sophisticated threats. Customers are better able to track critical missions across law enforcement, fraud and financial crime, military defense and national security.
As a Harris Computer company, we strive to create a respectful and united environment where all members of our globally diverse community are empowered and have equitable opportunities to succeed.
If you’re looking for a job with great benefits, Harris is the place to be! Harris offers an extremely competitive employee benefits program in the UK. In addition to the standard 25 days of leave and bank holidays, Harris employees are granted 5 Personal Days on top of that. Harris also offers an annual Lifestyle Reward of £325 to all UK employees. The program also includes Group Personal Pension, Life Assurance, Private Medical, and Dental. With Harris, you’ll have access to a wide range of benefits that will make your work life more enjoyable and fulfilling.
Supporting your application
Our recruitment process will comprise of interviews and, at times, a written exercise, an assessment day and/or a presentation. As an equal opportunities employer, we want to make sure we do all we can to make this a positive experience for you. When applying, please make us aware on your application of any adjustments or additional support we can provide you with before or on the day of an interview.
Our recruitment is managed centrally by our parent company, Harris Computer. Click below to apply.