This permanent position will be performed on a remote basis, with a requirement to work out of the i2 office in Cambridge, UK as and when there is a business requirement to do so (circa 2 days per month).
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in designing, developing and maintaining new capabilities to an existing large customer base. If you are passionate about creating efficient and scalable solutions, have a strong command of frontend and backend technologies, and are eager to collaborate within a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply.
- Work closely with product architects, designers and other developers to analyze project requirements, and define project scope, goals and timelines
- Mentor junior developers and promote knowledge sharing to enhance team skills and productivity
- Drive the selection of appropriate frontend and backend technologies based on project needs, team skillsets, and long-term maintainability
- Design and develop server-side logic using Node or Python and related frameworks
- Implement efficient algorithms and data structures to optimize application performance
- Deploy applications to various hosting environments, ensuring proper configuration and performance optimization
Our Technology Stack
- Frontend State Management – Mobx
- Backend – Java REST/GraphQL Services
- CI / CD – GitHub / CircleCI
- Cloud – AWS
What we are seeking…
- 3+ years’ experience of leading development efforts in cross-functional teams, contributing to project planning, architecture and technical decision making
- Proven technical leadership in implementing best practices for front-end development, including code organization, performance optimization and accessibility
- Solid understanding of backend development using Node.js or Python
- Knowledge of data storage solutions, including relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MS SQL)
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) and containerization (e.g., Docker) is a plus
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) is desirable
Our intelligence analysis software tools help analysts transform data in real-time enabling customers to better leverage data and to detect, disrupt and defeat sophisticated threats. Customers are better able to track critical missions across law enforcement, fraud and financial crime, military defense and national security.
As a Harris Computer company, we strive to create a respectful and united environment where all members of our globally diverse community are empowered and have equitable opportunities to succeed.
Harris offers an extremely competitive UK employee benefits programme. Five Personal Days leave entitlement are granted over and above the standard 25 days holiday and bank holidays. Harris also offers all UK employees an annual Lifestyle Reward amounting £325.
Supporting your application
Our recruitment process will comprise of interviews and, at times, a written exercise, an assessment day and/or a presentation. As an equal opportunities employer, we want to make sure we do all we can to make this a positive experience for you. When applying, please make us aware on your application of any adjustments or additional support we can provide you with before or on the day of an interview.
Our recruitment is managed centrally by our parent company, Harris Computer. Click below to apply.